Milford School Vision 2017-2022
At Milford School we nurture curiosity and creativity through our enriching and inclusive curriculum. Children develop a growth mindset approach to become resilient and resourceful in our safe and stimulating environment. Everyone is challenged and encouraged to thrive to become life-long reflective learners showing respect and responsibility as British citizens in our ever changing world.
Milford aims to be an inspiring school at the heart of our community, allowing everyone to grow and learn in their own unique way. We will strive for excellence by supporting our children to believe and that they can achieve the best possible outcomes as they begin their journey as life-long learners.
Everyone to ‘Grow, Learn, Believe, Achieve’
To achieve this we will:
Provide a balanced, broad and exciting curriculum to enrich learning.
Work smart to support all learners to achieve, improving progress and attainment for all.
Raise consistent expectations and aspirations for our school community through our growth mindset approach.
Promote and engage our school in the wider community, celebrating and sharing the successes and strengths of our children and staff.
Core values for children, staff and parents:
Respectful, Responsible, Resilient, Resourceful, Reflective
We will know we have been successful if...
- Individuals show respect and responsibility for everyone and everything in our community (children are observed to be polite, proud of their school and responsible for looking after our school environment)
- Children believe in themselves, independently thriving on challenge and achievement
- Everyone grows together, learns together, believes together and achieves together
- Progress for all groups of learners improve year on year (more pupils ‘closing the gap’)
- Milford is an over-subscribed school and full from Year R - 2